Friday, February 1, 2008

Just In the Nick of Time

While my picks are coming in after one game has started, luckily I'm not bold enough to make a prediction on that one. Here are my picks for the night:

Canucks +105 at Panthers -125.
I think the Canucks are a good hockey team, though they need Naslund to get going, and with Luongo shaking off the cobwebs of last night's loss to the lowly Lightning I expect them to come out and play a better game. Canucks win.

Result: The Canucks were ultimately outplayed but in typical Luongo fashion, the Canucks goaltender stood on his proverbial head to keep them in the game. Vancouver took the lead early in the 3rd but allowed Florida to tie it with a little over 6 minutes left in the game and would ultimatley fall in a shootout. Luongo stoped 40 or 43 shots.

Colorado +250 at Detroit -300. Over 5.5 +105
While I'd love to take Colorado just in case I got lucky, I can't help but go with the over here. I think the Red Wings will eat Budaj up in net. Over.

Result: Detroit handled Colorado but you never would have known it by the final score. Detroit would only beat Colorado 2-0 despite outshooting them 35 to 15. In fact, through 2 periods the shots were 23-4 Detroit but Budaj only allowed one goal in the outing and looked less like a struggling demoted goaltender and more like the goalie that stole the starting role last year.




No comments: